Pages

Monday 26 May 2014

My Hair Routine


So I thought I would share my hair routine as I do have very long hair and a very sensitive scalp so I thought I would let you know what I do on a daily basis. My hair can also get greasy pretty quickly so I do have some ways which I try to manage that. 



I start by using the TRESemme Natural Moisture Shampoo which is £4.50 from Boots. I like this because it does not irritate my sensitive scalp and always leaves my hair fresh and clean. I just take quite a lot around a palmfull and massage it into my roots and down into the ends of my hair too. I then leave it for around 3-4 minutes and rinse it off.


Sometimes my hair can get damaged and dry on the ends but I do not like to condition regularly because it makes my scalp greasy. So what I do is use this Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo around every 2-3 days to give the ends of my hair some moisture. I simply apply a small amount into the ends of my hair working it up the hair but not to the roots at all. You can buy this shampoo at Boots for just £2.69. 


I will wash my hair every morning before college or work and either let it air dry or use my hair dryer which is a few years old now and I think is the same as this one, the Mark Hill Salon Professional Power Dryer which is £17.99. I like it because it dries my hair really quickly and and just really simple to use and mine is Zebra print which I do kind of like. 

Then I will brush my hair using my Tangle Teaser which although it may seem expensive for a hair brush it is soo good at getting the tangles and knots out of my hair. Because my hair is so long I need a good hair brush and this defiantly does this well. I bought an orange one from Boots for £10.99.

Finally I will usually just leave it down naturally as I don't really like to have my hair up because it gets uncomfortable and ends up looking messing. Or I will plait my hair in a side braid as this is super easy and half way through the day I can take my hair out and it leaves a natural curled look. Or finally if I want to make my hair curly I will usually use the VO5 Smoothly Does It Curl Defining Mousse which you can buy from Boots for £3.79. I will add a palmful of the mousse into the lengths of my hair and either scrunch my hair upwards or twist it around my finger and hold either of these methods for a while and it will give a lovely natural curl. The fist scrunching method will give a more messy style whereas the twisting method will like loose ringlet curls. 


I hope you liked this post my hair routine is pretty simple and I try to avoid using any heat on my hair as much as possible. Let me know what products you like to use on your hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment